Our Mission is to provide a Christ-centered learning environment where students are able to learn who they are in Christ and to discover and develop their God-given talents to empower them to fulfill God’s purpose for their lives.
Bethany Christian School was founded on a desire to provide the congregation of Bethany Church and other interested parties with the opportunity of educating their children totally - in body, mind, and spirit - engraving the Word of God on their hearts (Deut. 6:6). Our philosophy centers on Jesus Christ as the focal point of all teaching and learning. Because we believe the Bible is the infallible, divine Word of God, we desire that students be conformed into the image of Jesus (Rom. 8:9), that they learn to think like Him and to live the whole of their life according to biblical perspectives and principles.
Bethany Christian School is a "discipleship" school. This means BCS sees its purpose to be complementing and supplementing to what is going on in the Christian home. BCS is not called to be an evangelistic tool of the ministry. The school's role is to impress on each student with the knowledge that God is the source of all subjects in the curriculum (Col. 1:17; Col. 17; II Cor. 8:6). Accordingly, teachers implement biblical principles into their classroom instruction and discipline. In addition, as a discipleship school, we are here to educate students who come from Christian homes in which parents agree with our statement of faith and agree with the biblical standards of marriage and family.
BCS sees education as a succession of the instruction and internal discipline based upon the teachings and principles found in the Bible.
Education is: (1) to shed light on the student's academic comprehension and to expose his mind to justice, truth, and ownership of property (right of possessing, enjoying, or disposing of a thing inherent or natural); (2) to set free the mind so that the student will reason based upon the criteria of truth set forth in the Word of God; (3) to mold the student's behavior so that the student may pursue the course of life in which Jesus Christ has chosen for him/her and, thus, be a beneficial and valuable asset to society.
Statement of Faith
As a ministry of Bethany Church, the faculty and staff of Bethany Christian School hold the following truths in common. These are our affirmations of faith (an affirmation is a statement that is declared to be true).
- We affirm that there is one God, infinitely perfect and eternally existent in the persons of the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost (I John 5:4-6).
- We affirm the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious atoning death through His shed blood, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His personal return in power and glory (I Cor. 15:3; I Peter 2:21-214; John 3:16).
- We affirm the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life. We affirm that the Holy Spirit provides one or more spiritual gifts to all believers, manifesting them as He wills. We affirm that the gifts of the Holy Spirit are operative today (Rom. 8:2-6; I Cor. 12: 7-11; John 14:11-13).
- We affirm the Bible to be the Holy Spirit-inspired, authoritative Word of God and that it is eternally reliable (II Tim. 3:16-17).
- We affirm that salvation is by grace through faith in our Lord Jesus Christ (Eph. 2: 8-9; Rom. 6:23).
- We affirm the resurrection of both the saved and the lost: those who are saved to the resurrection of life and those who are lost to the resurrection of damnation (John 5:24, 28, 29).
- We affirm the one universal church, which is the body of Christ. We affirm Christ as its head. We affirm all who are born again as its members. We affirm the church’s purpose as offering worship to God, fellowship, ministry and instruction to itself, and evangelism and service to the world. We affirm the ministries of apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors, and teachers. We affirm the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ. (Eph. 4; Eph. 5:23; Col. 1:15-18; John 3:3-8).
- We affirm water baptism by immersion for believers in obedience to our Lord Jesus Christ. We affirm the importance of regular participation at the divinely instituted table of the Lord (Rom 6:1-4; I Cor. 11:23-26).
- We affirm the ministry and presence of angels and the reality of the devil and demonic forces (Ps. 91:11-12; Eph. 6:12).
- We affirm the sanctity of human life and that life begins the moment of conception (Job 33:4; Ps. 139: 13-16; Jer. 1:5).
- We affirm chastity for Christian single men and women and the sacredness of Christian marriage. We define marriage as a union between one man and one woman. (Rom. 1:24-32; I Cor. 6:9-20; Eph. 5:3-5; II Peter 2; I Thess. 4:7; Mark 10:6-9; I Cor. 7:1-2; Heb. 13:4).
- We affirm that the stripes placed upon Jesus Christ at His crucifixion provide physical healing to all who will believe and receive (Is. 53:4; Mt: 8:16-17; John 5:14; I Peter 2:24).
Bethany Christian School is accredited by the International Christian Accrediting Association (ICAA). ICAA, through its accreditation process, provides assurance to the public regarding the performance, integrity, and quality of the school and provides the school with a program of self-assessment and improvement. ICAA accredited status represents an assurance of minimal standards of quality and excellence.
BCS is also fully accredited with SACS CASI, Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement.
Through the Oral Roberts University Educational Fellowship (ORUEF), Bethany Christian School seeks to associate with other Christian Schools who are dedicated to serving the Lord Jesus Christ in the field of education. ORUEF desires to instill within member schools an enthusiasm to be responsible and reputable leaders in the field of education. ORUEF's purpose is not only to provide fellowship but also to aid Christian schools in becoming strong and stable. Consequently, ORUEF offers regional teacher workshops, an annual national Christian school conference, monthly newsletters, and many other services.
State ApprovalBethany Christian School is approved according to the standards of the Louisiana Department of Education
Facts & Statistics
Regular Co-ed Elementary
We are a discipleship school, here to educate students who come from Christian homes in which parents agree with our statement of faith and agree with the biblical standards of marriage and family.
Navy, White, Red
6 Weeks - 5th Grade
S. Edmonds, S. Bickham
2012 ORUEF School of the Year
2012 ORUEF Administrator of the Year - Carolyn DeSalvo